Neymar believes Corinthians can win world title
Sao Paulo: Brazilian international starlet Neymar believes Corinthians can upset Chelsea in the final of the World Club Championship Sunday in Yokahoma, Japan.
"I think it`s possible that Corinthians could win. Football is unpredictable," the 20-year-old said.
But come kick-off this weekend the Selecao striker confirmed he will be sitting firmly on the fence when the European and South American champions meet to decide the world crown as he has international teammates at each club, reports Xinhua.
Neymar cited his friendship with Corinthians players Ralf, Paulinho and Fabio Santos, all who have played with the number 11 in the national side. On the other side Brazil internationals David Luiz, Ramires and Oscar will be representing the London club.
"I`m not going to cheer for either team, I have friends on both sides," Neymar said.
Whilst Chelsea go into Sunday`s game as favourites, Corinthians will give them a stern test. During their successful Libertadores campaign earlier this year the team conceded just four goals in fourteen games.
Chelsea have already been eliminated from this season`s Champions League - the worst defence of the title in history - and their fans are in revolt at the sacking of Roberto di Matteo and hiring of temporary coach Rafa Benitez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here