Neymar could remain in Brazil after 2014, insists Luis Alvaro
Sao Paulo: Santos` chairman Luis Alvaro has said talks are underway with Neymar regarding a renewal of his current deal which would keep him at the club beyond 2014.
The 20-year-old is thought to be touted by Europe`s elite, including Barcelona and Real Madrid. But speaking to Brazilian reporters, Alvaro claimed the South American footballer of the year could be staying put.
"We are already talking about the chance of getting a new deal for him [Neymar] and it is a dream of mine to keep him here," Alvaro told reporters.
"I also think he is happy with his big salary here and he certainly deserves it."
Neymar refused to reveal the details of the talks between him and Santos telling the press, "I have another year and a half left in my contract, so I`ll keep quiet. But yes, there are talks."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police