Neymar criticises carnival fixtures
Rio de Janeiro: Star striker Neymar has criticised Sao Paulo`s football federation FPF for scheduling matches during Brazil`s carnival celebrations.
Neymar made the comments after scoring a late consolation goal in Santos` shock 1-3 defeat to Paulista in the Campeonato Paulista Monday.
"It`s disappointing to lose but even more so during the carnival," Neymar said. "This is a holiday, we shouldn`t have to work."
Brazil`s Carnival festivities began Friday and officially conclude at 2 p.m. Wednesday, when the country`s public servants and most private sector companies return to work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family