Neymar double continues Santos revival
Rio de Janerio: Brazil international striker Neymar scored twice as Santos rallied from behind to beat Palmeiras 2-1 in Brazil`s Serie A football championship.
The 20-year-old slotted a free-kick into the top corner on the stroke of half-time before a 62nd-minute strike from outside the penalty area rebounded in off the post Saturday.
Earlier, Carlos Correa had given Palmeiras the lead with a low 25 metre shot which made its way past a maze of Santos defenders and a flat-footed keeper Rafael.
After a torrid start to the season, Santos has now won three games in succession to move to ninth in the standings.
"I said that we were going to be hard to beat and now we are starting to string some wins together," Neymar said. "Who knows, maybe we can be there at the end."
In other matches, a Thiago Neves double gave Fluminense a 2-1 victory over Vasco da Gama while Ponte Preta also won 2-1 at home against Portuguesa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot