Neymar double continues Santos revival
Rio de Janerio: Brazil international striker Neymar scored twice as Santos rallied from behind to beat Palmeiras 2-1 in Brazil`s Serie A football championship.
The 20-year-old slotted a free-kick into the top corner on the stroke of half-time before a 62nd-minute strike from outside the penalty area rebounded in off the post Saturday.
Earlier, Carlos Correa had given Palmeiras the lead with a low 25 metre shot which made its way past a maze of Santos defenders and a flat-footed keeper Rafael.
After a torrid start to the season, Santos has now won three games in succession to move to ninth in the standings.
"I said that we were going to be hard to beat and now we are starting to string some wins together," Neymar said. "Who knows, maybe we can be there at the end."
In other matches, a Thiago Neves double gave Fluminense a 2-1 victory over Vasco da Gama while Ponte Preta also won 2-1 at home against Portuguesa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir