Neymar drops racism claim
Rio De Janeiro: Santos` soccer star Neymar says he will not take action against Ituano coach Roberto Fonseca after mistakingly accusing him of making a racial taunt.
Neymar said Thursday that he has put the incident behind him and was tired of being harassed on the pitch.
"I think I misunderstood him," Neymar said. "Let`s forget about it. I`m sick and tired of being harassed on the pitch."
The 20-year-old Brazil international was involved in an angry exchange with Fonseca during the first half of their Campeonato Paulista match on Wednesday.
The Barcelona and Real Madrid target was captured by television cameras asking the coach if he had called him a monkey.
Fonseca responded by saying he had accused the player of diving to win free-kicks.
"He must be deaf. I told him he was always going to ground and that the referee always gives him free-kicks," said Fonseca.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!