Neymar easier to defend than Messi, says Cruyff
Barceloa: Barcelona icon Johan Cruyff believes that Neymar is easier to defend than Lionel Messi due to his height, but feels the Brazil international has made an encouraging start to his Camp Nou career.
Neymar, who joined the Blaugrana from Santos this summer, is slightly taller than his Argentine team-mate and Cruyff thinks the 21-year-old`s stature makes things slightly harder for him.
"Neymar is easier to defend than Messi because of his height," Cruyff told Ara.
"Leo shields the ball with his body and defenders find it harder to get a grip on him because he is smaller.
"However, Neymar has made a good start to life at Barcelona and his quality should help him link up with Messi and Xavi.
"We will have to wait and see how things pan out."
Neymar has made 11 official appearances for Barcelona so far this term, scoring three goals in the process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?