Neymar fit for Atletico showdown
Barcelona forward Neymar looks set to be fit for Saturday`s top of the table clash with Atletico Madrid after training with the rest of the squad on Thursday.
The Brazilian had been forced to pull out of Wednesday`s 4-0 win over Getafe in the Copa del Rey due to a bout of gastroenteritis.
Victory over Getafe was most notable for the goalscoring return of Lionel Messi as the Argentine struck twice in his 30 minute cameo appearance as a substitute after nearly two months out with a hamstring injury.
The return of Messi and Neymar leaves Barca boss Gerardo Martino with an interesting dilemma over who starts up front ahead of the crucial visit to the Vicente Calderon.
Pedro Rodriguez and Alexis Sanchez have been in fine scoring form in the wide areas, whilst Fabregas also scored twice from Messi`s favourite false nine position against Getafe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister