Neymar fit for Atletico showdown
Barcelona forward Neymar looks set to be fit for Saturday`s top of the table clash with Atletico Madrid after training with the rest of the squad on Thursday.
The Brazilian had been forced to pull out of Wednesday`s 4-0 win over Getafe in the Copa del Rey due to a bout of gastroenteritis.
Victory over Getafe was most notable for the goalscoring return of Lionel Messi as the Argentine struck twice in his 30 minute cameo appearance as a substitute after nearly two months out with a hamstring injury.
The return of Messi and Neymar leaves Barca boss Gerardo Martino with an interesting dilemma over who starts up front ahead of the crucial visit to the Vicente Calderon.
Pedro Rodriguez and Alexis Sanchez have been in fine scoring form in the wide areas, whilst Fabregas also scored twice from Messi`s favourite false nine position against Getafe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Barack Obama arrives at Hiroshima atomic bomb park
- Boat sinks in Ganga, eight feared drowned in Katihar
- India, China should properly address differences; Pranab a 'seasoned statesman': Xi
- Duterte death squad fears rise as Philippine police kill eight
- OFFICIAL: Manchester United confirm signing Jose Mourinho as new manager