Barcelona: FC Barcelona striker Neymar says he has calmed down from his former 'wild-child' attitude.
"I've changed the way I play and the way that I live my life," he said on Saturday, adding that Barcelona has helped him change his life for the better.
The Brazilian striker is in his third year at the club, although he did produce a surprise in the summer when he admitted holding talks with Manchester United, although he insisted that the English club did not make him an offer, Xinhua reported.
The 23-year-old, who has already made 100 appearances for the club, felt that his first season with Barcelona under coach Tata Martino was tough. He struggled for form as they lost the title to Atletico Madrid.
"It was difficult because of injuries and then we lost the league in the last game of the season," he admitted.
Things improved last year with the arrival of Luis Enrique and Luis Suarez, who formed an attacking trio with Neymar and Lionel Messi, which helped lead Barcelona to a domestic and European treble.
"We had a great season," said Neymar, adding that he, Messi and Suarez had a "friendly relationship" which has "surprised many who thought we would not get on".
He agreed that the start to this season, which has already seen Barcelona lose against Celta de Vigo and Sevilla, as well as lose the Spanish Supercup to Athletic Club Bilbao, has not gone as smoothly.
"It has been difficult so far and it looks as if we have to do more that we have in the past to get the better of our rivals," said the striker, who remains optimistic.
"We are good enough to win the Champions League again," he assured.