Neymar hints at new Santos deal
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football sensation Neymar says he could be persuaded to remain at Santos beyond the 2014 World Cup.
The 20-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to Spanish giants Barcelona while Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City are also reportedly keen to sign the striker, Xinhua reports.
"It`s a step that I will take one day but I`m not looking for a move to Europe right now," Neymar said after accepting the annual King of the Americas award for the best player in South America adjudged by Uruguay`s El Pais newspaper.
"For now I prefer to stay at Santos, to be with my friends and family. I have a contract until 2014 and I want to fulfil it. I could even extend it. It`s something that could be negotiated."
Neymar won the King of the Americas award for the second consecutive season with 199 votes, ahead of Peruvian striker Paolo Guerrero, who finished 50 votes behind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note