Neymar hints at new Santos deal
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football sensation Neymar says he could be persuaded to remain at Santos beyond the 2014 World Cup.
The 20-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to Spanish giants Barcelona while Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City are also reportedly keen to sign the striker, Xinhua reports.
"It`s a step that I will take one day but I`m not looking for a move to Europe right now," Neymar said after accepting the annual King of the Americas award for the best player in South America adjudged by Uruguay`s El Pais newspaper.
"For now I prefer to stay at Santos, to be with my friends and family. I have a contract until 2014 and I want to fulfil it. I could even extend it. It`s something that could be negotiated."
Neymar won the King of the Americas award for the second consecutive season with 199 votes, ahead of Peruvian striker Paolo Guerrero, who finished 50 votes behind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj