Neymar ignoring Confederations Cup pressure
Brasilia: Brazil striker Neymar instists that he does not feel pressure as his country prepares to host the Confederations Cup.
The Selecao begin their campaign against Japan on Saturday and the 21-year-old says he is trying to ignore any praise or criticism that comes his team`s way.
"I`m a cool guy. I don`t care pressure," he said at a press conference.
"I always try to keep it normal, even with all praise and criticism. It`s up to me and my team-mates to guide the Selecao to important titles.
"Every player has his importance for the group. If one is more talked than the other, it doesn`t matter in here. It`s a group where everybody will get together to take Brazil the the Confederations Cup title.
"Brazilian football is blessed, because it always has great players representing the team, and not just one. We have ten, fifteen important players, even more."
The soon-to-be Barcelona star went on to identify as Spain as the team he would ideally face in the final of the competition.
He added: "A great national team, with players that are out of this world. They are one of the favourites. It would be a dream to play them on a final but I would do my best to help the Selecao win the title."
Brazil go into the competition as defending champions having triumphed in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH