Neymar is golden for Brazil
Rio De Janeiro: Brazil star Neymar won the accolade of best player at the Confederations Cup after his starring role in a competition which culminated in a 3-0 stroll over Spain.
Neymar scored four goals, including one in the final yesterday, but his all-round play suggests he can live up the hype as potentially Brazil`s greatest star since Pele.
The silver ball award went to Andres Iniesta, who struggled in a Spanish midfield which never found its game in the final - the usually incisive Barcelona star and his teammates could not conjure their usual dominance and seemed to have left too much out on the turf in edging Italy on spotkicks in the semi-final.
Brazil midfielder Paulinho, who headed a semi-final winner against Uruguay, landed the bronze ball.
Fernando Torres netted another Spanish consolation prize as top scorer for the golden boot ahead of Brazilian duo Fred and Neymar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says