Neymar leads Santos to 2-1 win
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striker Neymar scored twice as Santos rallied late to defeat Coritiba 2-1 in Brazil`s Serie A championship.
The 20-year-old struck in the 70th-minute to cancel out Deivid`s first-half header at the Couto Pereira stadium before firing a low shot past Coritiba goalkeeper Vanderlei eight minutes from time Sunday, reports Xinhua.
It was Neymar`s sixth goal in less than a week for club and country, having scored a hat-trick in Brazil`s 8-0 victory over China and one in Santos` 2-0 midweek win over Flamengo.
Despite helping the team to its eighth league victory of the season, Neymar was critical of his performance.
"It wasn`t one of my best games," he said after the match. "From my point of view, I played badly. But I had two opportunities and was able to make the most of them."
In other matches Sunday, Flamengo drew 1-1 at home to Gremio, Nautico overcame Ronaldinho`s visiting Atletico Mineiro 1-0, Cruzeiro drew 1-1 at home to Vasco da Gama while Corinthians defeated Palmeiras 2-0 away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie