Neymar leads Santos to 2-1 win
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striker Neymar scored twice as Santos rallied late to defeat Coritiba 2-1 in Brazil`s Serie A championship.
The 20-year-old struck in the 70th-minute to cancel out Deivid`s first-half header at the Couto Pereira stadium before firing a low shot past Coritiba goalkeeper Vanderlei eight minutes from time Sunday, reports Xinhua.
It was Neymar`s sixth goal in less than a week for club and country, having scored a hat-trick in Brazil`s 8-0 victory over China and one in Santos` 2-0 midweek win over Flamengo.
Despite helping the team to its eighth league victory of the season, Neymar was critical of his performance.
"It wasn`t one of my best games," he said after the match. "From my point of view, I played badly. But I had two opportunities and was able to make the most of them."
In other matches Sunday, Flamengo drew 1-1 at home to Gremio, Nautico overcame Ronaldinho`s visiting Atletico Mineiro 1-0, Cruzeiro drew 1-1 at home to Vasco da Gama while Corinthians defeated Palmeiras 2-0 away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’