Neymar misconduct hearing postponed
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar is free to play in Santos` March 3 clash against rivals Corinthians after a hearing into a misconduct charge against the striker was postponed by a Brazilian sports tribunal.
The charge relates to the 21-year-old`s altercation with Ponte Preta defenders Artur and Cleber during Santos` surprise 1-3 defeat to the recently promoted Serie A outfit Campeonato Paulista last Sunday, reports Xinhua.
"We made a request for his case to be deferred and it was accepted," Santos` legal advisor Joao Vicente Gazolla said Friday.
Neymar was sent off for the incident and can face a 12-match ban for hostile behaviour and physical aggression. Despite the hearing`s postponement to March 4, Neymar will be ineligible for Sunday`s match between Santos and XV de Piracicaba due to an automatic one-game ban for the dismissal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack