Neymar misconduct hearing postponed
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar is free to play in Santos` March 3 clash against rivals Corinthians after a hearing into a misconduct charge against the striker was postponed by a Brazilian sports tribunal.
The charge relates to the 21-year-old`s altercation with Ponte Preta defenders Artur and Cleber during Santos` surprise 1-3 defeat to the recently promoted Serie A outfit Campeonato Paulista last Sunday, reports Xinhua.
"We made a request for his case to be deferred and it was accepted," Santos` legal advisor Joao Vicente Gazolla said Friday.
Neymar was sent off for the incident and can face a 12-match ban for hostile behaviour and physical aggression. Despite the hearing`s postponement to March 4, Neymar will be ineligible for Sunday`s match between Santos and XV de Piracicaba due to an automatic one-game ban for the dismissal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?