Neymar misconduct hearing postponed
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar is free to play in Santos` March 3 clash against rivals Corinthians after a hearing into a misconduct charge against the striker was postponed by a Brazilian sports tribunal.
The charge relates to the 21-year-old`s altercation with Ponte Preta defenders Artur and Cleber during Santos` surprise 1-3 defeat to the recently promoted Serie A outfit Campeonato Paulista last Sunday, reports Xinhua.
"We made a request for his case to be deferred and it was accepted," Santos` legal advisor Joao Vicente Gazolla said Friday.
Neymar was sent off for the incident and can face a 12-match ban for hostile behaviour and physical aggression. Despite the hearing`s postponement to March 4, Neymar will be ineligible for Sunday`s match between Santos and XV de Piracicaba due to an automatic one-game ban for the dismissal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption