Neymar misconduct hearing postponed
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar is free to play in Santos` March 3 clash against rivals Corinthians after a hearing into a misconduct charge against the striker was postponed by a Brazilian sports tribunal.
The charge relates to the 21-year-old`s altercation with Ponte Preta defenders Artur and Cleber during Santos` surprise 1-3 defeat to the recently promoted Serie A outfit Campeonato Paulista last Sunday, reports Xinhua.
"We made a request for his case to be deferred and it was accepted," Santos` legal advisor Joao Vicente Gazolla said Friday.
Neymar was sent off for the incident and can face a 12-match ban for hostile behaviour and physical aggression. Despite the hearing`s postponement to March 4, Neymar will be ineligible for Sunday`s match between Santos and XV de Piracicaba due to an automatic one-game ban for the dismissal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list