Neymar move would be wonderful: Messi
Barcelona: The star feels the Brazilian would add a different dimension to Barcelona`s play and believes Pep Guardiola will be a huge hit with Bayern Munich.
Lionel Messi believes Neymar would make a "wonderful addition" to the Barcelona squad should he opt to move to Camp Nou.
Speculation has intensified in recent weeks over where the Santos star will be plying his trade next season, with Barcelona currently attempting to negotiate a deal despite the player`s insistence he will remain in Brazil until 2014.
However, should such a move materialise, Messi feels the starlet would add a different dimension to Barca`s attacking threat.
"I do not know if he will end up at the club or not. However, it is true that he is a player who would bring a very different dimension to the team," he said. "Of course he would be a wonderful addition."
The Argentina international then looked ahead to next year`s World Cup in Brazil and insists he wants to taste glory at the tournament irrespective of what it could mean for his reputation in the history of the game.
"All I care about is winning the World Cup," he said. "I won`t be thinking about whether it will mean I am the best player ever or not."
The 25-year-old also praised former coaches Frank Rijkaard and Bayern Munich-bound Pep Guardiola, a man who Messi believes will be a huge hit and Bayern and wherever he chooses to go in future.
"He [Rijkaard] was the one who believed in me when I was 17," the Argentina skipper added. "It was one of the most important times of my life working under him, and Pep told me I was the best player he has ever coached.
"He will succeed at Bayern. He will succeed anywhere he goes because his understanding and reading of the game is like nobody else`s."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- More than two-thirds rise in vision loss globally due to diabetes: Study
- Pregnant women consider weight gain as baby weight
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Combination of diet and exercise may help prevent heart problems: Study
- Overuse of antibiotics harming India's fight against TB: The Lancet