Neymar not in Santos` top three: Pele
Rio de Janeiro: Pele says Neymar does not deserve to be rated among the top three footballers in Santos` history.
Neymar is the club`s top scorer in the post-Pele era with 138 goals, but the Brazil legend says the 21-year-old is still behind his former teammates Valter Vasconcelos and Coutinho, reports Xinhua.
"I think it`s an exaggeration to say that he (Neymar) is the second best," Pele said Friday.
"We had Vasconcelos and Coutinho, who were excellent players. It is now another era with much more media hype than during our time."
Earlier this year, Pele described Neymar as an "ordinary player" who needed to focus less on his haircut and public image.
The striker joined Barcelona in June.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata