Neymar not in Santos` top three: Pele
Rio de Janeiro: Pele says Neymar does not deserve to be rated among the top three footballers in Santos` history.
Neymar is the club`s top scorer in the post-Pele era with 138 goals, but the Brazil legend says the 21-year-old is still behind his former teammates Valter Vasconcelos and Coutinho, reports Xinhua.
"I think it`s an exaggeration to say that he (Neymar) is the second best," Pele said Friday.
"We had Vasconcelos and Coutinho, who were excellent players. It is now another era with much more media hype than during our time."
Earlier this year, Pele described Neymar as an "ordinary player" who needed to focus less on his haircut and public image.
The striker joined Barcelona in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- WATCH: PURE CLASS! Umar Akmal hits three consecutive sixes in game-changing knock
- Hilarious: Chinese girl slips and pulls down man's shorts in bus, this video will leave you in splits
- Modi government to organise 'Bharat Parv' to mark Independence Day
- Girl's hug prank on strangers backfires. See how – Watch
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares spectacular view of Albuquerque, New Mexico from space!