Neymar not in Santos` top three: Pele
Rio de Janeiro: Pele says Neymar does not deserve to be rated among the top three footballers in Santos` history.
Neymar is the club`s top scorer in the post-Pele era with 138 goals, but the Brazil legend says the 21-year-old is still behind his former teammates Valter Vasconcelos and Coutinho, reports Xinhua.
"I think it`s an exaggeration to say that he (Neymar) is the second best," Pele said Friday.
"We had Vasconcelos and Coutinho, who were excellent players. It is now another era with much more media hype than during our time."
Earlier this year, Pele described Neymar as an "ordinary player" who needed to focus less on his haircut and public image.
The striker joined Barcelona in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II