Neymar not yet near Messi, says former coach
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar`s former coach Muricy Ramalho believes the Brazil striker could not yet be compared to new Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi.
The 57-year-old, sacked as coach of Brazilian top-flight club Santos in June, said Monday that Neymar needed to shine consistently in Europe before being compared to the four-time Ballon d`Or winner, reports Xinhua.
"Messi is number one," Ramalho said. "Neymar will improve at Barcelona, but he has a long way to go to get to where Messi is."
Ramalho rejected suggestions from Barcelona legend Johan Cruyff that the pair will not be compatible on the pitch.
"I`m sure they will work well together, there won`t be any problems. Neymar is a good kid and he has a lot of respect for Messi."
Neymar, who arrived in Barcelona on Sunday following his 57 million-euro transfer from Santos, is set to make his debut for the Catalan club against Polish side Lechia Gdansk on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says