Neymar offered new Santos deal, says father
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar has been offered a new contract by Brazilian Football club Santos, according to the striker`s father and agent.
The 21-year-old is currently on contract with the club until July 2014, but Santos risks losing the starlet for nothing, if a deal is not struck in advance.
"Santos have now offered us a contract renewal, but we will have to wait and talk to them," Neymar`s father said.
"It is very difficult to see him leaving before 2014, although we will have to think about what is best for him."
Barcelona are reportedly leading the race to sign Neymar, but the Catalan club faces competition from big-spending rivals Manchester City and Real Madrid.
Santos advisor Celso Leite said on Thursday that, “the club needed to act now to avoid missing out on a lucrative sale.”
"I would like Santos to call his father so that they can try to come to an agreement," Leite said. "If they can`t do that then they need to sell him by July at the latest."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- News Television Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags best news channel website honour
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Google-backed transpacific submarine cable between US and Japan goes live today!
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments