Neymar ready to leave Santos, reveals vice-president
Santos: Santos vice-president Odilio Rodriguez has revealed that Neymar has told the club that he is ready to move elsewhere and will not sign a contract extension.
The Brazil international`s current deal is due to expire in the summer of 2014 and the Peixe were keen to hold on to their star attacker until after next year`s World Cup.
However, Neymar has made it clear that his time at Santos is nearing its end as he wants to prove his worth elsewhere.
"Neymar has informed us that he won`t be renewing his deal because his time at Santos has come to an end," Rodriguez told Cadena Ser.
The 21-year-old has caught the attention of several European giants, with Barcelona sitting in pole position to secure his services.
Neymar will compete in the Confederations Cup this summer before travelling to Catalunya in July to discuss a potential transfer to the Camp Nou side, Goal.com exclusively revealed earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves