Neymar ready to leave Santos, reveals vice-president
Santos: Santos vice-president Odilio Rodriguez has revealed that Neymar has told the club that he is ready to move elsewhere and will not sign a contract extension.
The Brazil international`s current deal is due to expire in the summer of 2014 and the Peixe were keen to hold on to their star attacker until after next year`s World Cup.
However, Neymar has made it clear that his time at Santos is nearing its end as he wants to prove his worth elsewhere.
"Neymar has informed us that he won`t be renewing his deal because his time at Santos has come to an end," Rodriguez told Cadena Ser.
The 21-year-old has caught the attention of several European giants, with Barcelona sitting in pole position to secure his services.
Neymar will compete in the Confederations Cup this summer before travelling to Catalunya in July to discuss a potential transfer to the Camp Nou side, Goal.com exclusively revealed earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH