Neymar ready to leave Santos, reveals vice-president
Santos: Santos vice-president Odilio Rodriguez has revealed that Neymar has told the club that he is ready to move elsewhere and will not sign a contract extension.
The Brazil international`s current deal is due to expire in the summer of 2014 and the Peixe were keen to hold on to their star attacker until after next year`s World Cup.
However, Neymar has made it clear that his time at Santos is nearing its end as he wants to prove his worth elsewhere.
"Neymar has informed us that he won`t be renewing his deal because his time at Santos has come to an end," Rodriguez told Cadena Ser.
The 21-year-old has caught the attention of several European giants, with Barcelona sitting in pole position to secure his services.
Neymar will compete in the Confederations Cup this summer before travelling to Catalunya in July to discuss a potential transfer to the Camp Nou side, Goal.com exclusively revealed earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'