Neymar, Ronaldinho star in Brazil`s win over Bolivia
Santa Cruz (Bolivia): Santos striker Neymar and former AC Milan midfielder Ronaldinho starred in Brazil`s 4-0 demolition of Bolivia in a football friendly international here.
Neymar struck two first-half goals Saturday while Internacional`s Leandro Damiao and Palmeiras frontman Leandro also scored in the match, which featured South American-based players only.
Proceeds from the fixture were donated to the family of Kevin Beltran Espada, a 14-year-old football fan who died when he was struck by a flare during a Copa Libertadores match in February.
Two-time FIFA world player of the year Ronaldinho, given the captain`s armband by coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, revelled in a free-roaming playmaker role. He narrowly missed two early scoring chances and set up Neymar`s first goal with a deft flick.
"The coach told me to do exactly what I do for Atletico Mineiro," Ronaldinho said after the match. "I`m in great shape and feel like I`m playing well."
When asked if he had approached the match as a selection trial for June`s Confederations Cup, Ronaldinho replied: "In football we are always being tested. My aim is to take my good club form with me into these matches."
Brazil`s next clash will be against Chile at the refurbished Mineirao stadium in Belo Horizonte April 21.
Like the Bolivia duel, the friendly will feature South American-based players only due to it not being on an official FIFA date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'