Neymar`s European experience can help Brazil, says Pele
Brazilian legend Pele said on Wednesday he hoped current Brazil star Neymar`s experience in Europe with Barcelona could give the Selecao a boost at next year`s World Cup.
Brazil "shouldn`t fear anyone," Pele said as he pinpointed next June as Neymar`s chance to shine on the world stage.
"We hope with the experience he has been getting in Europe he can produce a fine showing with the Brazilian team," said Pele, who played on three Brazilian World Cup-winning teams.
Pele, now 73, added he has no desire to draw any of the 32 balls in Friday`s draw in the northeastern resort of Costa do Sauipe.
"I don`t feel comfortable with drawing the balls as I don`t want to choose (teams) not favorable to Brazil."
Pele added he hoped that popular protest of the kind which marred last June`s Confederations Cup would not spoil the World Cup.
"I hope people realise this is very important for our country. People can protest but let`s not spoil the World Cup," said Pele, who was attending a Sao Paulo function with US swimming legend Michael Phelps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000