Neymar`s European experience can help Brazil, says Pele
Brazilian legend Pele said on Wednesday he hoped current Brazil star Neymar`s experience in Europe with Barcelona could give the Selecao a boost at next year`s World Cup.
Brazil "shouldn`t fear anyone," Pele said as he pinpointed next June as Neymar`s chance to shine on the world stage.
"We hope with the experience he has been getting in Europe he can produce a fine showing with the Brazilian team," said Pele, who played on three Brazilian World Cup-winning teams.
Pele, now 73, added he has no desire to draw any of the 32 balls in Friday`s draw in the northeastern resort of Costa do Sauipe.
"I don`t feel comfortable with drawing the balls as I don`t want to choose (teams) not favorable to Brazil."
Pele added he hoped that popular protest of the kind which marred last June`s Confederations Cup would not spoil the World Cup.
"I hope people realise this is very important for our country. People can protest but let`s not spoil the World Cup," said Pele, who was attending a Sao Paulo function with US swimming legend Michael Phelps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'