Neymar sent off in Santos defeat
Sao Paulo: Brazil international Neymar was sent off as Santos suffered a shock 1-3 defeat to Ponte Preta in the Campeonato Paulista football tournament.
He and Ponte Preta defender Artur were shown straight red cards after an altercation just before half-time at the Moises Lucarelli Stadium Sunday.
Second-half substitute Alemao secured the victory for Ponte Preta deep into injury time with his second goal in 10 minutes after Santos forward Andre gave the visitors hope with an 86th minute strike.
Bruno Silva had given Ponte Preta a 1-0 advantage by netting in the 12th minute.
Neymar did not hide his anger at being shown the fifth red card of his career.
"Who did I hurt? I tried to kick the ball and ended up making contact with Artur, but not even he complained," Neymar said after the match.
The 21-year-old will not play until Santos` March 3 clash against Corinthians, who drew 2-2 with Palmeiras on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad