Neymar sent off in Santos defeat
Sao Paulo: Brazil international Neymar was sent off as Santos suffered a shock 1-3 defeat to Ponte Preta in the Campeonato Paulista football tournament.
He and Ponte Preta defender Artur were shown straight red cards after an altercation just before half-time at the Moises Lucarelli Stadium Sunday.
Second-half substitute Alemao secured the victory for Ponte Preta deep into injury time with his second goal in 10 minutes after Santos forward Andre gave the visitors hope with an 86th minute strike.
Bruno Silva had given Ponte Preta a 1-0 advantage by netting in the 12th minute.
Neymar did not hide his anger at being shown the fifth red card of his career.
"Who did I hurt? I tried to kick the ball and ended up making contact with Artur, but not even he complained," Neymar said after the match.
The 21-year-old will not play until Santos` March 3 clash against Corinthians, who drew 2-2 with Palmeiras on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery