Neymar sent off in Santos defeat
Sao Paulo: Brazil international Neymar was sent off as Santos suffered a shock 1-3 defeat to Ponte Preta in the Campeonato Paulista football tournament.
He and Ponte Preta defender Artur were shown straight red cards after an altercation just before half-time at the Moises Lucarelli Stadium Sunday.
Second-half substitute Alemao secured the victory for Ponte Preta deep into injury time with his second goal in 10 minutes after Santos forward Andre gave the visitors hope with an 86th minute strike.
Bruno Silva had given Ponte Preta a 1-0 advantage by netting in the 12th minute.
Neymar did not hide his anger at being shown the fifth red card of his career.
"Who did I hurt? I tried to kick the ball and ended up making contact with Artur, but not even he complained," Neymar said after the match.
The 21-year-old will not play until Santos` March 3 clash against Corinthians, who drew 2-2 with Palmeiras on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test