Neymar sent off in Santos defeat
Sao Paulo: Brazil international Neymar was sent off as Santos suffered a shock 1-3 defeat to Ponte Preta in the Campeonato Paulista football tournament.
He and Ponte Preta defender Artur were shown straight red cards after an altercation just before half-time at the Moises Lucarelli Stadium Sunday.
Second-half substitute Alemao secured the victory for Ponte Preta deep into injury time with his second goal in 10 minutes after Santos forward Andre gave the visitors hope with an 86th minute strike.
Bruno Silva had given Ponte Preta a 1-0 advantage by netting in the 12th minute.
Neymar did not hide his anger at being shown the fifth red card of his career.
"Who did I hurt? I tried to kick the ball and ended up making contact with Artur, but not even he complained," Neymar said after the match.
The 21-year-old will not play until Santos` March 3 clash against Corinthians, who drew 2-2 with Palmeiras on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!