Neymar set for Barcelona talks in July
Barcelona: Barcelona are closing in on Santos star Neymar as the Brazil international is scheduled to travel to Catalunya in July to open talks with the Blaugrana, Goal.com can reveal.
The 21-year-old has so far insisted he intends to stay with his current club until after the 2014 World Cup, but he is leaning more towards a transfer this summer as he aims to prove his worth in Europe.
Dani Alves and Adriano have recommended their compatriot to join them at Barcelona, and the Catalan powerhouse are keen to secure his signature.
Neymar will take part in the Confederations Cup with Brazil in June and will fly to Spain shortly after to discuss his future.
"Neymar will play at the Confederations Cup this summer and will then take a one-week holiday. He will travel to Barcelona on July 9," a source close to the player told Goal.com.
The gifted attacker`s father already visited the Catalan capital earlier this week to work on a transfer ahead of the 2013-14 campaign, accompanied by Andre Cury, who often conducts Barca`s business in South America.
Barcelona have a €40-50m transfer budget this summer, which could even be further increased by the potential sales of Victor Valdes, David Villa and Alexis Sanchez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference