Neymar signed by Barca for 57 mln pounds
Johannesburg: Brazilian footballer Neymar has sealed a deal with Barcelona which cost the club 57 million pounds.
Although Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has put an end to the speculation about the transfer amount, he has not specified a particular amount that each party involved in the deal had received individually.
Barcelona not only paid Neymar’s former club Santos but also the investment companies, DIS Esporte group and Teisa who owned part of Neymar’s economic rights.
The report said that Neymar had been made to parade at the Camp Nou as a Barcelona player after the club signed the agreement with both Santos and Neymar.
Barcelona had earlier anticipated that they might be able to seal the deal with Santos for around 40 million pounds in total but admitted that lately rivals Real Madrid had shown interest in Neymar which had made the deal more expensive.
According to Bartomeu, although it was said that Neymar will arrive in 2014 but to pre-pone the move, the club have had to pay 17 million pounds in surplus.
Meanwhile, Barcelona’s sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta said that Neymar’s style will perfectly fit into the club and it is never a problem to have extra good players in a club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka