Neymar signed by Barca for 57 mln pounds
Johannesburg: Brazilian footballer Neymar has sealed a deal with Barcelona which cost the club 57 million pounds.
Although Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has put an end to the speculation about the transfer amount, he has not specified a particular amount that each party involved in the deal had received individually.
Barcelona not only paid Neymar’s former club Santos but also the investment companies, DIS Esporte group and Teisa who owned part of Neymar’s economic rights.
The report said that Neymar had been made to parade at the Camp Nou as a Barcelona player after the club signed the agreement with both Santos and Neymar.
Barcelona had earlier anticipated that they might be able to seal the deal with Santos for around 40 million pounds in total but admitted that lately rivals Real Madrid had shown interest in Neymar which had made the deal more expensive.
According to Bartomeu, although it was said that Neymar will arrive in 2014 but to pre-pone the move, the club have had to pay 17 million pounds in surplus.
Meanwhile, Barcelona’s sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta said that Neymar’s style will perfectly fit into the club and it is never a problem to have extra good players in a club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'