Neymar stars in Brazil`s 2-1 win over Argentina
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar converted a dramatic injury-time penalty as Brazil defeated Argentina 2-1 in their international football friendly.
The game Wednesday looked to be headed for a 1-1 draw in the Brazilian city of Goiania after midfielder Paulinho levelled the scores for the home side following Juan Manuel Martinez`s 19th-minute opener, Xinhua reports.
Brazil dominated the second half and was rewarded for their superiority when the referee pointed to the penalty spot after Leandro Desabato`s clumsy 92nd-minute challenge on Leandro Damiao.
Neymar converted the spot kick to hand Brazil the advantage ahead of the return match in Resistencia Oct 3.
"It was tough, I had to change the way I played in the second half because of the way they were marking me," Neymar said.
"The penalty was the only scoring opportunity I had and fortunately I was able to make the most of it."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!