Neymar stars in Brazil`s 2-1 win over Argentina
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar converted a dramatic injury-time penalty as Brazil defeated Argentina 2-1 in their international football friendly.
The game Wednesday looked to be headed for a 1-1 draw in the Brazilian city of Goiania after midfielder Paulinho levelled the scores for the home side following Juan Manuel Martinez`s 19th-minute opener, Xinhua reports.
Brazil dominated the second half and was rewarded for their superiority when the referee pointed to the penalty spot after Leandro Desabato`s clumsy 92nd-minute challenge on Leandro Damiao.
Neymar converted the spot kick to hand Brazil the advantage ahead of the return match in Resistencia Oct 3.
"It was tough, I had to change the way I played in the second half because of the way they were marking me," Neymar said.
"The penalty was the only scoring opportunity I had and fortunately I was able to make the most of it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days