Neymar suffering from anaemia
Rio de Janeiro: Barcelona striker Neymar has been diagnosed with anaemia, a blood disorder that affects the reproduction of red blood cells, Brazilian media reported.
The 21-year-old striker was found to be suffering following routine blood tests conducted by Barcelona medical staff.
He has reportedly been given a refined training programme and is in doubt for the Catalan club`s pre-season tour of Thailand. The diagnosis comes less than a month after Neymar underwent surgery to remove tonsils.
The star has already appeared twice for Barcelona, albeit as a substitute, since he began training with the club July 29.
He played 12 minutes in a 2-2 draw against Poland`s Lechia Gdansk and came on at half-time in Barcelona`s 8-0 victory over his former club Santos.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside
- Wimbledon 2016: Roger Federer aims to end Marcus Willis fairytale
- Motihari gang-rape: Doctors in Bihar continue to use two-finger test, says NCW report