Neymar suffering from anaemia
Rio de Janeiro: Barcelona striker Neymar has been diagnosed with anaemia, a blood disorder that affects the reproduction of red blood cells, Brazilian media reported.
The 21-year-old striker was found to be suffering following routine blood tests conducted by Barcelona medical staff.
He has reportedly been given a refined training programme and is in doubt for the Catalan club`s pre-season tour of Thailand. The diagnosis comes less than a month after Neymar underwent surgery to remove tonsils.
The star has already appeared twice for Barcelona, albeit as a substitute, since he began training with the club July 29.
He played 12 minutes in a 2-2 draw against Poland`s Lechia Gdansk and came on at half-time in Barcelona`s 8-0 victory over his former club Santos.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened