Neymar suffering from anaemia
Rio de Janeiro: Barcelona striker Neymar has been diagnosed with anaemia, a blood disorder that affects the reproduction of red blood cells, Brazilian media reported.
The 21-year-old striker was found to be suffering following routine blood tests conducted by Barcelona medical staff.
He has reportedly been given a refined training programme and is in doubt for the Catalan club`s pre-season tour of Thailand. The diagnosis comes less than a month after Neymar underwent surgery to remove tonsils.
The star has already appeared twice for Barcelona, albeit as a substitute, since he began training with the club July 29.
He played 12 minutes in a 2-2 draw against Poland`s Lechia Gdansk and came on at half-time in Barcelona`s 8-0 victory over his former club Santos.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi