Neymar suffering from anaemia
Rio de Janeiro: Barcelona striker Neymar has been diagnosed with anaemia, a blood disorder that affects the reproduction of red blood cells, Brazilian media reported.
The 21-year-old striker was found to be suffering following routine blood tests conducted by Barcelona medical staff.
He has reportedly been given a refined training programme and is in doubt for the Catalan club`s pre-season tour of Thailand. The diagnosis comes less than a month after Neymar underwent surgery to remove tonsils.
The star has already appeared twice for Barcelona, albeit as a substitute, since he began training with the club July 29.
He played 12 minutes in a 2-2 draw against Poland`s Lechia Gdansk and came on at half-time in Barcelona`s 8-0 victory over his former club Santos.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video