Neymar to decide between wearing No.11 or No.7
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar has been told he has a choice between wearing the number 7 or 11 for new club Barcelona.
The No.11 shirt became available Monday after Bayern Munich confirmed the signing of midfielder Thiago while No.7 is also free following the departure of David Villa to Atletico Madrid, reports Xinhua.
It is understood Barcelona have sought a quick decision from Neymar in a bid to capitalize on soaring demand for shirt sales with the Brazilian`s name.
The 21-year-old is expected to choose the No.11 he wore at Santos, where he was the club`s most prolific scorer in the post-Pele era with 138 goals.
Currently holidaying in Brazil, Neymar is not due to join his new Barcelona team mates until July 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance