Neymar to decide between wearing No.11 or No.7
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar has been told he has a choice between wearing the number 7 or 11 for new club Barcelona.
The No.11 shirt became available Monday after Bayern Munich confirmed the signing of midfielder Thiago while No.7 is also free following the departure of David Villa to Atletico Madrid, reports Xinhua.
It is understood Barcelona have sought a quick decision from Neymar in a bid to capitalize on soaring demand for shirt sales with the Brazilian`s name.
The 21-year-old is expected to choose the No.11 he wore at Santos, where he was the club`s most prolific scorer in the post-Pele era with 138 goals.
Currently holidaying in Brazil, Neymar is not due to join his new Barcelona team mates until July 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional