Neymar to decide between wearing No.11 or No.7
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar has been told he has a choice between wearing the number 7 or 11 for new club Barcelona.
The No.11 shirt became available Monday after Bayern Munich confirmed the signing of midfielder Thiago while No.7 is also free following the departure of David Villa to Atletico Madrid, reports Xinhua.
It is understood Barcelona have sought a quick decision from Neymar in a bid to capitalize on soaring demand for shirt sales with the Brazilian`s name.
The 21-year-old is expected to choose the No.11 he wore at Santos, where he was the club`s most prolific scorer in the post-Pele era with 138 goals.
Currently holidaying in Brazil, Neymar is not due to join his new Barcelona team mates until July 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala