Neymar training alone ahead of Barcelona arrival
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar has already begun training alone in his home city of Santos despite not being required to join his new Barcelona teammates until July 29.
The 21-year-old Brazil striker is scheduled to fly to Barcelona Thursday where he will have four days to settle before starting his pre-season campaign with the Catalan club, reports Xinhua.
He posted a photo on Instagram in which he showed obvious physical exertion during an abdominal workout Wednesday.
Barcelona have already tailored a programme for the forward designed to add five kilograms to his 64.5kg frame.
Neymar is not expected to play in Barcelona`s friendly against Poland`s Lachia Gdansk July 30, which was rescheduled after the announcement of coach Tito Vilanova`s resignation due to illness.
His first match for the reigning Spanish champions is likely to be against former club Santos in a friendly at the Camp Nou Aug 2.
The fixture is part of the agreement that brought Neymar to the club in June for 57 million euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested