Neymar unconcerned by goal drought
Neymar has promised Barcelona supporters that they will soon see the best of him as he continues to adapt to life in Europe.
The Brazil international made his Champions League debut in the 4-0 thrashing of Ajax on Wednesday, as Lionel Messi ran riot and bagged a hat-trick in the win.
The 21-year-old was replaced by Pedro on 72 minutes, prompting the club`s supporters inside Camp Nou to cheer the substitution, but Neymar, who has scored once for the Catalans since his €57 million move from Santos, has promised that the goals will come.
"I missed chances, but the goals will come," he told AS. "I prefer my assist for Pique`s goal and the general team play. I can still give much more to Barcelona.
"But I am very happy because the team started well in the Champions League and it was so important."
Messi moved to 62 Champions League goals with the win over Frank de Boer`s men, just nine short of all-time top goalscorer Real Madrid legend Raul, and Neymar admits he is delighted to be sharing the pitch with "the best in the world".
He added: "I am very, very happy to be sharing the pitch like a genius like Messi [who is] the best in the world."
The Blaugrana resume their domestic duties with a trip to Rayo Vallecano in Primera Liga on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1