Neymar will end Barcelona`s Messi-dependence, says agent
London: Brazilian representative Andre Cury, who handles the majority of Barcelona`s South American affairs, believes that signing Neymar would end the Blaugrana`s over-reliance on Lionel Messi.
Much has been said about the Argentina international`s importance to Barcelona in recent weeks and Cury has little doubt the Santos star would give Barca the extra options up front he says they need.
"Barcelona are extremely interested in Neymar. He`s on top of our wish-list. Barcelona do not sign many players, but Neymar is our first choice. We will be ready to pounce whenever he decides to leave," Cury told Radio Globo.
"Messi, Xavi and (Andres) Iniesta are all awaiting him with open arms. Neymar coming to Barcelona will put an end to two types of over-dependence: dependence on Neymar at Santos and over-dependence on Messi at Barcelona as we would then have another player at his level.
"In two or three years` time Messi will be able to pass on the Barca baton to Neymar, just like Ronaldinho did with Messi."
Neymar has a contract with Santos until after the 2014 World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender