Neymar wins Brazilian Golden Boot award
Sao Paulo: Brazilian star football striker Neymar won the prestigious Golden Boot for the second time in his short career with 43 goals in 2012.
Across the last twelve months, Neymar has scored 20 goals in the Sao Paulo state championship, eight in the Copa Libertadores, 14 in the Brazilian league and one in the Supercup, reports Xinhua.
Having already won the award for best striker in the Brazilian championship, the 20-year-old international picked up a second award in weeks.
It is also the second time Neymar has won the prize of the country`s most lethal attacker. He picked up the gong in 2010 after netting on 42 occasions.
Neymar is also one of the 10 nominees released by FIFA to contend for the 2012 Puskas awards.
The Puskas seeks to reward the most beautiful goals of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'