Neymar wins Brazilian Golden Boot award
Sao Paulo: Brazilian star football striker Neymar won the prestigious Golden Boot for the second time in his short career with 43 goals in 2012.
Across the last twelve months, Neymar has scored 20 goals in the Sao Paulo state championship, eight in the Copa Libertadores, 14 in the Brazilian league and one in the Supercup, reports Xinhua.
Having already won the award for best striker in the Brazilian championship, the 20-year-old international picked up a second award in weeks.
It is also the second time Neymar has won the prize of the country`s most lethal attacker. He picked up the gong in 2010 after netting on 42 occasions.
Neymar is also one of the 10 nominees released by FIFA to contend for the 2012 Puskas awards.
The Puskas seeks to reward the most beautiful goals of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray