Neymar would help out Messi: Alves
Madrid: Barcelona defender Dani Alves believes the arrival of Neymar would take some of the attacking strain off the shoulders of Lionel Messi.
The Brazilian has long been rumoured to be a transfer target for the Blaugrana, who held talks with Santos over a move for the player on Wednesday.
They were ultimately unable to agree a deal but the former Sevilla defender is hoping his club can bring the 21-year-old to Camp Nou.
"It would be a relief if Neymar signed because it would help Messi a lot," he is quoted as saying by Marca.
"When two players are good, they understand each other better. They can play in different positions. I don`t think compatibility would be a problem because Neymar is a very humble guy.
"The team would certainly be more competitive."
Alves went on to say that he expects to stay at the club but did not rule out a summer exit.
"You never know what will happen in the future," he added.
"The more open you are, the easier you can leave in the future. But I`m very happy at Barca and I intend to stay here until I can`t stand it anymore."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!