NFL: Colts owner, Jim Irsay arrested
Indianapolis: Colts owner Jim Irsay is facing possible felony charges after his arrest for alleged intoxicated driving, authorities said.
The National Football League team owner was booked into jail shortly after 3:00 am on Monday after being arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance.
His bail was set at $22,500 and he was released from jail on Monday. He is scheduled to appear in an Indianapolis court on March 26.
"Deepest thx to family, friends, fans, colleagues for the messages of support, thoughts and prayers. Impossible to tell u how much this means," Irsay posted on his Twitter account.
Irsay was arrested by police in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel on Sunday night, said Bryant Orem of Hamilton County Sheriff`s department.
Carmel police said Irsay was stopped shortly before midnight after officers saw him driving slowly and failing to signal for a turn.
He was taken into custody after failing sobriety tests and multiple prescription drugs were found in the vehicle that were not associated with prescription bottles that were found.
Irsay could face four felony counts of possession of controlled substances.
The Colts said in a statement: "We are gathering information at this time regarding last night`s incident involving Jim Irsay.
"The team will issue additional statements when the facts are sorted and we are aware of the next steps to this process.
"Many fans have reached out to express their concern and we appreciate their support.
"The club continues to fully support Mr. Irsay, but must refrain from commenting further at least until formal charges have been filed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’