Nice goalkeeper Delle ruptures knee ligaments
Nice goalkeeper Joris Delle ruptured knee ligaments during training on Friday and will be out for several months, the Cote d`Azur club have announced.
The 24-year-old, is looking to replace former number one David Ospina of Colombia, who is on his way to Arsenal and a new chapter in his career in the Premier League.
Delle, who was loaned out to Belgian side Cercle Bruges last season, is in competition with Mouez Hassen for the first team spot in the upcoming Ligue 1 season, but will miss out on the team`s pre-season trip to England.
Nice coach Claude Puel immediately denied the club would recruit another goalkeeper despite the Delle setback.
"I have two very good goalkeepers for backup, and we won`t be recruiting another goalkeeper," assured Puel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more