Nice goalkeeper Delle ruptures knee ligaments
Nice goalkeeper Joris Delle ruptured knee ligaments during training on Friday and will be out for several months, the Cote d`Azur club have announced.
The 24-year-old, is looking to replace former number one David Ospina of Colombia, who is on his way to Arsenal and a new chapter in his career in the Premier League.
Delle, who was loaned out to Belgian side Cercle Bruges last season, is in competition with Mouez Hassen for the first team spot in the upcoming Ligue 1 season, but will miss out on the team`s pre-season trip to England.
Nice coach Claude Puel immediately denied the club would recruit another goalkeeper despite the Delle setback.
"I have two very good goalkeepers for backup, and we won`t be recruiting another goalkeeper," assured Puel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September