Nice goalkeeper Delle ruptures knee ligaments
Nice goalkeeper Joris Delle ruptured knee ligaments during training on Friday and will be out for several months, the Cote d`Azur club have announced.
The 24-year-old, is looking to replace former number one David Ospina of Colombia, who is on his way to Arsenal and a new chapter in his career in the Premier League.
Delle, who was loaned out to Belgian side Cercle Bruges last season, is in competition with Mouez Hassen for the first team spot in the upcoming Ligue 1 season, but will miss out on the team`s pre-season trip to England.
Nice coach Claude Puel immediately denied the club would recruit another goalkeeper despite the Delle setback.
"I have two very good goalkeepers for backup, and we won`t be recruiting another goalkeeper," assured Puel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof