Nice goalkeeper Delle ruptures knee ligaments
Nice goalkeeper Joris Delle ruptured knee ligaments during training on Friday and will be out for several months, the Cote d`Azur club have announced.
The 24-year-old, is looking to replace former number one David Ospina of Colombia, who is on his way to Arsenal and a new chapter in his career in the Premier League.
Delle, who was loaned out to Belgian side Cercle Bruges last season, is in competition with Mouez Hassen for the first team spot in the upcoming Ligue 1 season, but will miss out on the team`s pre-season trip to England.
Nice coach Claude Puel immediately denied the club would recruit another goalkeeper despite the Delle setback.
"I have two very good goalkeepers for backup, and we won`t be recruiting another goalkeeper," assured Puel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery