Nicolas Anelka undergoes medical before transfer to Juventus
Milan: French striker Nicolas Anelka underwent a medical ahead of his proposed move to Juventus.
The 33-year-old French striker conducted the standard medical tests at Turin`s Istituto di Medicina dello Sport centre Sunday morning, a statement from Juventus said.
The Shanghai Shenhua forward arrived in a private jet Saturday night and is due to be paid 600,000 euros for five months, plus performance-related bonuses and an option to extend for another year.
PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti believed Juventus have done good business by bringing in Anelka.
"Anelka is a great player. He trained with us for a week and can play in any club in the world, so I`m sure he`ll do well in Turin. He is coming off a vacation and just like everyone who has not played for a while he will need the right training schedule," said Ancelotti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble