Nigeria beat Ghana 6-1, Cote d`Ivoire draw Congo
Marrakesh: Nigeria defeated Ghana 6-1 here in their opening group B match at the ongoing 10th Confederation of African Football (CAF) Under-17 championship.
Earlier Sunday, also in the group, Cote d`Ivoire played a 1-1 draw against Congo in their opening match.
Hosts Morocco got off to a good start, beating Gabon 4-1 in the group A opening match on Saturday in Casablanca, while Tunisia opened their account with a 3-1 win over Botswana.
The championship features eight teams with host Morocco, Gabon, Tunisia and Botswana in group A, and Congo, Cote d`Ivoire, Nigeria and Ghana in group B.
All the semi-finalists in the tournament will represent Africa at the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup, to be held in United Arab Emirates, from Oct 17 to Nov 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH