Nigeria beat Ghana 6-1, Cote d`Ivoire draw Congo
Marrakesh: Nigeria defeated Ghana 6-1 here in their opening group B match at the ongoing 10th Confederation of African Football (CAF) Under-17 championship.
Earlier Sunday, also in the group, Cote d`Ivoire played a 1-1 draw against Congo in their opening match.
Hosts Morocco got off to a good start, beating Gabon 4-1 in the group A opening match on Saturday in Casablanca, while Tunisia opened their account with a 3-1 win over Botswana.
The championship features eight teams with host Morocco, Gabon, Tunisia and Botswana in group A, and Congo, Cote d`Ivoire, Nigeria and Ghana in group B.
All the semi-finalists in the tournament will represent Africa at the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup, to be held in United Arab Emirates, from Oct 17 to Nov 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur