Nigeria beat Ghana 6-1, Cote d`Ivoire draw Congo
Marrakesh: Nigeria defeated Ghana 6-1 here in their opening group B match at the ongoing 10th Confederation of African Football (CAF) Under-17 championship.
Earlier Sunday, also in the group, Cote d`Ivoire played a 1-1 draw against Congo in their opening match.
Hosts Morocco got off to a good start, beating Gabon 4-1 in the group A opening match on Saturday in Casablanca, while Tunisia opened their account with a 3-1 win over Botswana.
The championship features eight teams with host Morocco, Gabon, Tunisia and Botswana in group A, and Congo, Cote d`Ivoire, Nigeria and Ghana in group B.
All the semi-finalists in the tournament will represent Africa at the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup, to be held in United Arab Emirates, from Oct 17 to Nov 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues