Nigeria beat Ghana 6-1, Cote d`Ivoire draw Congo
Marrakesh: Nigeria defeated Ghana 6-1 here in their opening group B match at the ongoing 10th Confederation of African Football (CAF) Under-17 championship.
Earlier Sunday, also in the group, Cote d`Ivoire played a 1-1 draw against Congo in their opening match.
Hosts Morocco got off to a good start, beating Gabon 4-1 in the group A opening match on Saturday in Casablanca, while Tunisia opened their account with a 3-1 win over Botswana.
The championship features eight teams with host Morocco, Gabon, Tunisia and Botswana in group A, and Congo, Cote d`Ivoire, Nigeria and Ghana in group B.
All the semi-finalists in the tournament will represent Africa at the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup, to be held in United Arab Emirates, from Oct 17 to Nov 8.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan