No Arsenal bid for Sami Khedira: Arsene Wenger
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said on Saturday that his side have not made an offer for rumoured transfer target Sami Khedira, the Real Madrid midfielder.
Khedira, a member of Germany`s World Cup-winning side, faces renewed competition for a first-team place at Madrid following the arrival of Colombia star James Rodriguez and Arsenal have been linked with a move for him.
But Wenger kept his cards close to his chest when he was asked about his club`s reported interest in the 27-year-old after Arsenal`s emphatic 5-1 win over Benfica in the Emirates Cup friendly tournament.
Asked if Arsenal had submitted a bid for Khedira, he replied: "No."
When pressed as to whether Wenger had enquired about the midfielder`s availability, he said: "What is enquired? I don`t know. If I read the (British) newspapers, (they say) he`s available!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY