No Arsenal bid for Sami Khedira: Arsene Wenger
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said on Saturday that his side have not made an offer for rumoured transfer target Sami Khedira, the Real Madrid midfielder.
Khedira, a member of Germany`s World Cup-winning side, faces renewed competition for a first-team place at Madrid following the arrival of Colombia star James Rodriguez and Arsenal have been linked with a move for him.
But Wenger kept his cards close to his chest when he was asked about his club`s reported interest in the 27-year-old after Arsenal`s emphatic 5-1 win over Benfica in the Emirates Cup friendly tournament.
Asked if Arsenal had submitted a bid for Khedira, he replied: "No."
When pressed as to whether Wenger had enquired about the midfielder`s availability, he said: "What is enquired? I don`t know. If I read the (British) newspapers, (they say) he`s available!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest