No Arsenal return as Vela signs new deal at Sociedad
London: Mexican striker Carlos Vela has signed a new four-year deal to remain at Real Sociedad, the La Liga club said, ending speculation over a possible return to Arsenal.
The North London club had an option to buy back the 25-year-old, whom they sold to Sociedad in 2012, fuelling rumours that Vela could return to play under Arsene Wenger in the Premier League.
"Real Sociedad have reached an agreement with Arsenal FC which will allow Carlos Vela to continue at the club on a permanent basis," the Spanish club said on their website (www.realsociedad.com) on Tuesday.
"The player, meanwhile, has signed a contract extension which ties him to Real Sociedad for the next four seasons.
"The player`s previous contract was due to expire in June 2016. The Mexican striker has now formally signed his new contract."
Vela scored 21 goals last season for Sociedad, who finished seventh in the La Liga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post