No conflict between Diarra & Real Madrid: Agent
Madrid: The agent of Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra has stated there is no conflict between his client and the La Liga giants.
Diarra has struggled to establish himself as part of Jose Mourinho`s first-team plans and has been consistently linked with a move away from the Bernabeu this summer, with a number of potential suitors interested.
Serie A club Juventus have been linked with the French international alongside Fenerbahce and a host of Premier League clubs, where Diarra previously plied his trade with Portsmouth, Arsenal and Chelsea.
However, the player`s agent, John Williams claims Diarra is not looking to force a move away from the club.
"Lass is on holiday, but he is not trying to open up a cold war. The player wants to make it clear that he respects the club and there is no conflict," Williams told Marca.
Williams was keen to avoid talk of a potential transfer fee for his client, despite reports emerging from Spain stating Madrid would be looking for €25 million if they were to sell Diarra.
"The price of a hypothetical sale is determined on negotiations and not the will of the player," he added.
Diarra made only 19 starts in La Liga last season, completing 2374 minutes on the pitch in all competitions. He joined Madrid in January 2009 for €20m from Portsmouth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'