No hurry for Financial Fair Play decisions, says UEFA
Turin: UEFA says there is no hurry to announce punishments for clubs, including Paris St Germain and Manchester City, that have breached new rules designed to make soccer more financially stable.
Nine clubs, which UEFA has not named but that sources close to the process have said include City and PSG, are facing punishment for failing to comply with rules forcing teams to limit their financial losses.
Confirmation of the sanctions, which had been expected last week, have yet to be announced by the independent panel investigating the finances of clubs who qualified for European competition this season.
"In terms of deadlines, it`s still on track, so I`m not worried or anxious or concerned," UEFA secretary general Gianni Infantino told reporters.
"In legal proceedings, time has to be taken to analyse everything."
Clubs can reach a settlement with the UEFA panel, including a fine and other penalties, or have the case taken to an adjudication panel that could announce stiffer sanctions, including a ban from European competition.
Many observers question the logic of fining wealthy clubs for spending too much money and say UEFA must take strong action to ensure the regime is credible.
Infantino said UEFA`s panel had a variety of sanctions at its disposal.
"One of the strengths of club licensing and financial fair play regulations is exactly that it does not focus on one single sanction," said Infantino.
"It foresees a list of 10 or twelve sanctions which could also be combined.
"There is no single answer to whether a fine is appropriate or not; it depends always on cases and the best is almost always some sort of combination, with the ultimate objective of making sure everyone breaks even."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues