No match-fixing in World Cup qualifiers: FIFA
Geneva: Football`s world governing body FIFA said no match-fixing was found in the 2014 World Cup qualifiers, with more than 500 matches played so far.
FIFA security director Ralf Mutschke said up to now "we don`t have any leads that any match has been thrown" and they are "confident that nothing will happen through the qualification".
The full program of about 820 preliminary matches ends in November.
Earlier, FIFA reached an agreement with South African officials on how to complete the investigation into the 2010 World Cup hosts alleged manipulation in warm-up matches ahead of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter