No match-fixing in World Cup qualifiers: FIFA
Geneva: Football`s world governing body FIFA said no match-fixing was found in the 2014 World Cup qualifiers, with more than 500 matches played so far.
FIFA security director Ralf Mutschke said up to now "we don`t have any leads that any match has been thrown" and they are "confident that nothing will happen through the qualification".
The full program of about 820 preliminary matches ends in November.
Earlier, FIFA reached an agreement with South African officials on how to complete the investigation into the 2010 World Cup hosts alleged manipulation in warm-up matches ahead of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?