No match-fixing in World Cup qualifiers: FIFA
Geneva: Football`s world governing body FIFA said no match-fixing was found in the 2014 World Cup qualifiers, with more than 500 matches played so far.
FIFA security director Ralf Mutschke said up to now "we don`t have any leads that any match has been thrown" and they are "confident that nothing will happen through the qualification".
The full program of about 820 preliminary matches ends in November.
Earlier, FIFA reached an agreement with South African officials on how to complete the investigation into the 2010 World Cup hosts alleged manipulation in warm-up matches ahead of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy