No offers yet for wantaway Gomez, claims Rummenigge
Spain: The Germany legend has confirmed the striker`s desire to leave the European champions this summer, but insists no approaches have yet been made.
Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez is keen to leave the club this summer, according to CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
Gomez fell out of favour under Jupp Heynckes last season, with Mario Mandzukic preferred in the lone forward role for the 2012-13 treble-winners, leading the Germany international`s agent to confirm his client is seeking pastures new this summer.
Although he admits Gomez has made it clear he wishes to leave the Allianz Arena, Rummenigge has stressed there have been no approaches for the player as yet and, as such, he remains part of Bayern`s pre-season plans.
"Mario has the desire to leave the club," he told Sky Sport.
"He announced that to us. But until now, this has not lead to a transfer.
"Mario will get back to training with us and then we will see. There have been no offers from Italian clubs and not from clubs from other countries.
"We have to stay calm and see what happens. If we reached an agreement with another club, I would not exclude him leaving us."
Gomez has been linked with the likes of Fiorentina and Napoli in recent weeks, as well as a switch to the Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love