No proof of racist attack against Ferdinand brothers in WC qualifier: FA

Last Updated: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 18:42

London: The English Football Association (FA) is reportedly set to tell FIFA that they have no evidence of racist chanting by English fans during the World Cup qualifier of England against San Marino.

FIFA officials had launched an inquiry after the Football Against Racism in Europe (FARE) group contacted the international soccer`s ruling body with claims that English fans sang a racist song aimed at footballers Rio and Anton Ferdinand.

However, Club England`s managing director Adrian Bevington dismissed the reports and said that even after going through all the evidence which had been recorded, their security officials did not find or identify any individuals or groups chanting racist abuse.

However, Bevington further said that the officials are continuing to work hard to ensure the identification of any individual who did chant any racist slogans or songs, adding that if such a person is found, then necessary action will be taken against that individual.

The song aimed at the Ferdinand brothers came after Rio pulled out of the squad for the two qualifiers against San Marino and Montenegro.

ANI



First Published: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 18:44

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus