Non-playing Arshavin out of Russia plans
Moscow: Arsenal`s Andrei Arshavin will stay out of the Russia team he used to captain unless he starts playing regular club football, Russia coach Fabio Capello said.
Arshavin was dropped from the team for Russia`s 2-0 win over Northern Ireland Friday and was jeered when he came on from the bench in his last international appearance, a 1-1 friendly draw against Ivory Coast last month.
"You need to play games," Capello said when asked whether Arshavin had an international future.
Arshavin has been out of the Arsenal first team for almost a year and a proposed transfer move to his old club Zenit St. Petersburg is yet to materialise.
Arshavin has scored 17 times in 74 games for Russia and last captained the team at Euro 2012 in June.
Israel are Russia`s next opponents, hosting Capello`s team Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued