Northern Ireland`s Steele signs for Jets in A-League
Northern Ireland international Jonny Steele has joined the Newcastle Jets for the next two Australia A-League seasons, the club said on Sunday.
Midfielder Steele, 28, joins the Jets from Major League Soccer team New York Red Bulls where he was a teammate of Socceroos star Tim Cahill.
Steele made 50 MLS appearances for the Red Bulls, scoring six goals in two seasons.
Steele has made three international appearances for Northern Ireland, most recently against Uruguay and Chile in the lead-up to this year`s FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
"I spoke to Tim Cahill about the Newcastle Jets and the A-League itself and he had plenty of good things to say," Steele said.
Jets head coach Phil Stubbins said Steele had been signed for the next two A-League seasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!