Norway beat England in UEFA U-21 championship
Jerusalem: Norway beat England 3-1 in a 2013 UEFA U-21 championship Group A match, marking their first triumph in the football tournament this year.
Norway scored two goals in the 15th minute and 34th minute through Fredrik Semb Berge and Jo Inge Berget, respectively. Norway kept their lead till the end of the first half Saturday.
After the restart, Norway`s Magnus Eikrem scored another goal in the 52nd minute. England scored a consolation goal in the 57th through a penalty kick.
The loss left England with no hope of qualifying for the semifinals with one group round to go.
In the other match played in Group A, Italy earned a 4-0 victory over hosts Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues