Norway beat England in UEFA U-21 championship
Jerusalem: Norway beat England 3-1 in a 2013 UEFA U-21 championship Group A match, marking their first triumph in the football tournament this year.
Norway scored two goals in the 15th minute and 34th minute through Fredrik Semb Berge and Jo Inge Berget, respectively. Norway kept their lead till the end of the first half Saturday.
After the restart, Norway`s Magnus Eikrem scored another goal in the 52nd minute. England scored a consolation goal in the 57th through a penalty kick.
The loss left England with no hope of qualifying for the semifinals with one group round to go.
In the other match played in Group A, Italy earned a 4-0 victory over hosts Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’