Norwegian soccer legend Solskjaer dreams of managing Manchester United
London: Norwegian football legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said he would like to take charge of English club Manchester United.
Solskjaer, who has managed Norwegian giant Molde and taken them through back-to-back titles, revealed his plans to manage the Red Devils, and said they are still on the distant horizon.
The former United striker praised the boss Sir Alex Ferguson and said that Ferguson’s methodology influenced his philosophy, during the 15 seasons he worked the United boss both as a player and a reserve-team coach.
Adding that most of his knowledge about football and its management has come from Ferguson, Solskjaer said that both of them believe in themselves.
Solskjaer further said that another similarities between himself and Ferguson is that both wants to win, and for that they put their faith in the new footballers and work hard.
Although he expected Ferguson to take charge of United for atleast four years, Solskjaer said that United must appoint someone in tune with the club’s heritage and traditions, when the time comes to replace Ferguson.
Solskjaer also said that to succeed Ferguson, one needed to have a strong personality and be a winner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees