Norwich and Newcastle fined for player fracas
London: Norwich City and Newcastle United have been fined 30,000 pounds and 20,000 pounds respectively after being found guilty of misconduct, the English Football Association said on Friday.
The clubs were sanctioned following a scuffle between Bradley Johnson and Loic Remy during a Premier League match last month.
"Newcastle admitted the charge and accepted the standard penalty of £20,000, which includes a third-off for admitting," the FA said in a statement.
"Norwich, who had a similar breach earlier this season, denied the charge which was subsequently found proven and were fined £30,000."
The charge related to an incident involving Newcastle`s Remy and Norwich`s Johnson in which the pair pushed each other before Remy appeared to lower his head towards Johnson near the end of the 0-0 draw on January 28.
Players from both sides joined the fray before Remy and Johnson were sent off.
Johnson won an appeal against his suspension while Remy is serving a three-match ban.
Both clubs were warned about their future conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing