Norwich apologise over friendly rout report
English second-tier side Norwich City issued an apology on Friday after claiming to have won a pre-season friendly 13-0 against an Italian team that they had not actually played.
After a match against Italian third-division team Novara was cancelled, Norwich thought they had set up a game against Serie D outfit Saint-Christophe Vallee d`Aoste.
However, when a match report appeared on the Norwich website, the Italian club complained that they had not been involved, and that the real opponents had been a select XI of local non-professional players.
"In our original match report for this warm-up fixture, acting in good faith on the basis of information given to the club, we incorrectly reported that we had played against local club side SC Vallee d`Aoste," Norwich said in a statement on their website.
"In fact the game was against an Aosta regional select side and we are happy to put the record straight and apologise to SC Vallee d`Aoste and their fans for the misunderstanding."
Norwich were relegated from the Premier League last season after a three-year spell in the top flight and will start the 2014-15 campaign in the Championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman