Norwich City - Chelsea Preview: Canaries looking to end 18-year wait for victory over Blues
London: Chris Hughton`s men suffered defeat for the first time in 11 games and will hope to avenge a 4-1 loss earlier in the season against the rampant west London club.
Talismanic striker Grant Holt (hamstring) missed Norwich’s defeat against West Brom, but manager Chris Hughton hopes to have him available for Wednesday’s game.
Steven Whittaker (thigh) was withdrawn before the hour mark against the Baggies, so Russell Martin is likely to fill in at right-back.
Norwich are also without Andrew Surman (knee) and John Ruddy (thigh), with Mark Bunn continuing in goal in the latter’s absence. Ryan Bennett (knee) and Harry Kane (ankle) are both doubtful.
Rafa Benitez’s squad is largely injury-free, though he will likely reshuffle his starting XI to combat a busy festive programme.
Liverpool-bound striker Daniel Sturridge (hamstring) is a doubt, but John Obi Mikel has returned from a three-match suspension though may be benched in favour of the impressive David Luiz.
John Terry and Oriol Romeu (both knee) remain sidelined, while Ryan Betrand picked up a knock against Leeds in the Capital One Cup and is therefore a doubt for the Boxing Day clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble