Nothing has changed with Anelka: Ancelotti
Paris: PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti insists nothing has changed regarding Nicolas Anelka`s situation in Paris and he will return to Chinese outfit Shanghai Shenhua.
The former France international has been training with Les Parisiens in order to keep up his fitness while his Asian club are on their off-season break, which has led to speculation over the striker`s future.
However, Ancelotti is adamant that his initial conditions have not been altered and Anelka will return to China as proposed.
"Anelka? nothing has changed. He is training with us before resuming with his Chinese club," the 53-year-old told reporters.
The Italian coach watched on as his side settled for a 0-0 draw with relegation candidates Ajaccio on Friday, on a night where Lucas Moura made his much anticipated debut for the hosts, but Ancelotti remained upbeat about the side`s display against the Corsicans despite failing to grab the three points.
Ancelotti added: "We could have done better if we played with more intensity in the first half. The second was better. Lucas [Moura] has been well, he did good things on the field.
"The team is in place, it is the same as in December. No result, but the performance was not bad.
"You cannot be happy with the result. This can happen sometimes. We must win the next match."
PSG finished the game with ten men as Thiago Motta saw red, but there was other worrying news for capital outfit as Thiago Silva limped off with an injury, but Ancelotti remained tight-lipped on the extent of the knock.
He added:"Thiago Silva was hit in the thigh."
PSG remain in first place but with Lyon and Marseille due to play this weekend, they could find themselves slipping down to third in Ligue 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say