Nothing has changed with Anelka: Ancelotti
Paris: PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti insists nothing has changed regarding Nicolas Anelka`s situation in Paris and he will return to Chinese outfit Shanghai Shenhua.
The former France international has been training with Les Parisiens in order to keep up his fitness while his Asian club are on their off-season break, which has led to speculation over the striker`s future.
However, Ancelotti is adamant that his initial conditions have not been altered and Anelka will return to China as proposed.
"Anelka? nothing has changed. He is training with us before resuming with his Chinese club," the 53-year-old told reporters.
The Italian coach watched on as his side settled for a 0-0 draw with relegation candidates Ajaccio on Friday, on a night where Lucas Moura made his much anticipated debut for the hosts, but Ancelotti remained upbeat about the side`s display against the Corsicans despite failing to grab the three points.
Ancelotti added: "We could have done better if we played with more intensity in the first half. The second was better. Lucas [Moura] has been well, he did good things on the field.
"The team is in place, it is the same as in December. No result, but the performance was not bad.
"You cannot be happy with the result. This can happen sometimes. We must win the next match."
PSG finished the game with ten men as Thiago Motta saw red, but there was other worrying news for capital outfit as Thiago Silva limped off with an injury, but Ancelotti remained tight-lipped on the extent of the knock.
He added:"Thiago Silva was hit in the thigh."
PSG remain in first place but with Lyon and Marseille due to play this weekend, they could find themselves slipping down to third in Ligue 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset